Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Steps

Baby steps towards the new normal.

After a breakdown of sorts last night at the simple act of switching the calendar page, today was a better day. 

I ate a hard boiled egg for breakfast. That is huge...I haven't wanted to eat in the morning for two weeks. 
Baby steps.

I buckled down and completed the pension paperwork. Called and made an appointment with our tax guy.
Baby steps.

This afternoon I made a deposit at the bank and didn't feel the urge..(okay..maybe just a little) to choke the teller who told me to have a "super" Fourth of July(major smile with braces)...as she deposited a life insurance check into our savings for my dead husband.
Baby steps.

I went to Culver's. Let me repeat that. I went to Culver's, ordered a cone and ate it. It's is a big deal because Glenn LOVED Culvers. A trip up 371 always included noting the flavor of the day, and whether it was worth the calories. When I cleaned out the old green van last week to sell, there was a chocolate shake cup hidden under the seat, like contraband. I smiled and prayed that he had enjoyed it. I always ordered a single, he always ordered a double, and when I gave him the "look", he used to say, " Life is short..I want a double. Get over it." Glad I did. I had a chocolate eclair...single.
Baby steps.

I came home and dyed my roots, since I know I can't make small talk with a stranger for two hours right now, but at least I noticed.
Baby steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment